SERVING 🍴 : 1
Prep Time 🕒 : 30 minutes
Cook Time 🕒 : 5 minutes
• 1 large egg, separated
• Pinch cream of tartar
• Pinch salt
• 1-ounce cream cheese softened
• ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese
• 3 ounces sliced ham
NUTRITION PER SERVING :
|FAT :||31 g|
|PROTEIN :||31 g|
|CARBS :||5 g|
|NET CARBS :||4 g|
|FIBER :||1 g|
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until it forms soft peaks.
- Whisk the cream cheese and egg yolk until it becomes smooth and pale yellow.
- Fold in the egg whites a little at a time until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon the batter on a baking sheet in two equal circles.
- Bake for 25 minutes until it becomes firm and lightly browned.
- Spread the butter on one side of each bread slice circle and then place one in a preheated skillet over medium heat.
- Then Sprinkle it with cheese and add the sliced ham then the top of it with the other bread circle, butter-side-up.
- Cook the sandwich for one or two minutes and then carefully flip it over.
- Let it cook for some time until the cheese is melted then serve.